Saturday, March 12, 2005

Vacuum Coffee Brewing

Vacuum brewing was a predominant infusion method early in the century, before paper coffee filters became widely popular. It takes a bit longer, but once you have tried it a couple times the process is fast and simple. And your incentive to use these devices will be clear: coffee with pronounced body and no sediment; very clean and crisp; a cup where flavors are dramatic and heightened in every respect.
I never heard of this method before and understand it makes a "weaker" cup of coffee. Not for me, I prefer a much stronger type of coffee, preferably from a french press.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Nick said...

I have had this type of coffee and I now refer to it as the "tea lovers cofee". Too weak for me and to dainty. Give me a cup of joe with mud on the bottom and I am happy.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home