Monday, March 07, 2005

Spot the fake Smile

Now you can take a really cool test to spot a fake or real smile. I was only able to correctly choose 11 out of 20.
Most people are surprisingly bad at spotting fake smiles. One possible explanation for this is that it may be easier for people to get along if they don't always know what others are really feeling.
Although fake smiles often look very similar to genuine smiles, they are actually slightly different, because they are brought about by different muscles, which are controlled by different parts of the brain.

Last week I posted a topic about the difference between an American and British smile.
I just wish more people would smile more in everyday life, it sure brightens up the day.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normally I do not participate in online quizzes, etc,. but this is a good one.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked at the particpants eyes. If they blinked, it was a fake smile.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I just went with my gut feeling (which was somewhat based on whether the person's eyes truly "twinkled"), and had 16 out of 20 correct. My incorrect answers were all for men. I wonder what that says about me?

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Sara said...

You don't know me so I can admit I only got 4 right. I guess I would be considered gullible.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Marg said...

Awesome! How do you find such interesting sites??? I got 14 correct. Just call me Smiley!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home